How to Sign Up Your Child
Enrollment in the Christmas Program for 2017
Our program was created to make sure no child is forgotten at Christmas
October 30 - December 22, 2017
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Closed for lunch from noon - 1:00 PM
Children from birth to age 18 (if still in high school) living in Genesee County may be eligible.
To qualify for the program, the parent or legal guardian must:
- Come to the Old Newsboys office (Far south door on the west side of the building) during scheduled enrollment weeks and hours. We are not able to take telephone or email applications.
- Bring driver’s license or State ID
- Bring their own social security card.
- Bring Michigan Medicaid card for each child or approved eligibility documentation*
- Bring birth certificates or judgments of legal custody for each child
When you arrive...
- Intake and enrollment entrance is the far south door on the west side of the building.
- All above listed paper work must be provided for sign-up even if your children have received gifts from the Old Newsboys in the past.
- Parents or guardians may be turned away if they are under the influence of alcohol/drugs or are loud or abusive with the Old Newsboys’ staff.
- You may not sign up for more than one similar service agency during the holidays. The Old Newsboys is in a service pool with 11 local holiday package providers. If you appear on one of the lists from another agency, you will be required to obtain a letter of release from that agency. *Eligibility documentation for children not receiving Medicaid:
- Previous Year's Tax Return Parents' or legal guardian’s 2016 income tax return must verify low income for your child to qualify. The Old Newsboys uses the same criteria to determine need as the Federal Government. The chart below outlines the level of income allowed to qualify for assistance from the Old Newsboys.
- Reduced /free lunch acceptance letter from the child’s school
For more information, download a pdf here.